System Era Softworks
Based in Seattle, Washington
December 16, 2016
Astroneer, an upcoming PC game from developer System Era Softworks, places players in a 25th century gold rush where they explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives and resources in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich. Resources extracted from planets, asteroids, and moons can be traded with friends or crafted into new tools, vehicles, and modules. Environments are procedurally generated in a uniquely rendered voxel engine, featuring a textureless aesthetic that allows players to deform and shape the terrain as though it were made of Play-Doh.
Astroneer is developed by System Era Softworks, based in Seattle Washington, with members teleworking from like Toronto and Salt Lake City. Astroneer is System Era’s first game as a studio, with members hail from triple-A development with individual credits on Halo, Assassin’s Creed, Team Fortress, the Sims, and many others. System Era came together in 2014 out of a desire to create games that reflect the legacy and future of human space exploration, inspiring a sense of wonder and reverence for a beautiful universe.
- Explore multitudes of procedural worlds.
- Shape completely malleable terrain. Dig to the center of the earth, or forge mountains.
- Craft vehicles and discover resources to reach ever further in the galaxy.
- Survive in ever more harsh and rewarding environments.
- Play with friends in online or local multiplayer.
Logo & Icon
- "Watch us explore space in Astroneer"
- Nick Robinson, Polygon
- "Astroneer is an adorable game about space exploration and I want to play it now."
- Sean O'Kane, The Verge
- "Upcoming Astronaut Space Exploration Game Looks Amazing."
- Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
- "Is Astroneer the Next Minecraft?"
- G. Clay Whittaker, Popular Science
- "Astroneer is a Planetary Exploration Game on a Grand Scale."
- Jon Fingas, Engadget
About System Era Softworks
System Era Softworks converts burrito matter into video games.
More information on System Era Softworks, our logo & relevant media are available here.